If you’re using Instagram to market your business, we’re sure you’d be interested in knowing how to grow and build relationships. The 3rd and final part of our Direct Seller’s Guide to Instagram Marketing (see Part 1 and Part 2 here) is chock full of strategies for you that are not only easy to implement, but also super fun! You’ll be growing in no time!
- Explore the hashtags you’re using – Do a search on the hashtags you use most often, and spend some time engaging with the content and accounts you find. Comment on posts authentically, ask questions, spread some double-tap love and follow accounts that speak to you. While exploring the hashtag, be sure to take note if you’re seeing lots of spam, or posts that have nothing to do with the hashtag. These are both signs that hashtag might not be a good one for you to continue using.
- Explore hashtags you’re NOT using – When reading the post message of content you like, take note of what hashtags are being used by the author. Explore some of those as directed above. Sometimes, you stumble upon a whole community of “your tribe” this way. That’s usually a sign you SHOULD start using that hashtag (when it fits).
- When using specific hashtags to reach a certain audience, include a few variations. For example, if you’re hoping to reach the weight loss audience, you might try #weightloss #weightlossjourney #wellnessjourney #loseweightnaturally #weightlosssupport and #weightlosstips
- Explore by location. One of your search options is to explore posts including specific location tags. This can be a great tool for building your presence within the local community! Use the same comment/ ask questions/ like/ follow tactics outlined above, but this time, you’re building connections with people who live nearby which works out really well for local vendor events and in-home parties.
- Respond to comments others make on your posts. If people are commenting on what you’re sharing and you just leave them hanging, POOF! Conversation over. Don’t simply like their comment – be sure to reply sincerely and ask them a question too – keep that conversation going!
- You gotta give love to get love. This just might be the most essential rule of Instagram growth. People won’t flock to your feed simply because it exists. You need to make your presence known by contributing your voice and support outwardly. This sometimes means following people you might not know, commenting even when you feel awkward, and throwing likes around like confetti. Think of IG like a party of people you want to know. Simply showing up is a great first step, but if you want to make friends, you gotta break the ice and not be a #wallflower.
- If you want your personal account to be private, that’s totally cool. However, if your biz account is private, and people can’t find you or engage with your content, how on earth will they know that you have what they need? Don’t let fear of the unknown keep a lid on your growth. Post what you’re comfortable about sharing (when it comes to your personal life) publicly on your business account – along with some product posts of course! – and keep your personal account private for friends and family.
Use these strategies to grow your business Instagram account and you’ll see that it won’t take long to get great results! And be sure to join our free CinchShare Facebook Party & Marketing Training group on Facebook to learn tons of tips for all your social platforms. We’d love to chat with you!