We love helping you take your business to the next level and this one strategy will take your visibility through the roof and explode your business: Facebook Live! Have you tried it yet? What are your results? Does the thought of going live on Facebook make you want to run and hide? We totally get it! Going live on Facebook can be scary, but growth happens outside of your comfort zone. Now is the time to face your fears and add live streaming to your marketing strategy.
Facebook live facts & stats
Here are a few statistics to drive home the point of what an incredible platform live video streaming is for spreading the word about your business.
- Live content on Facebook receives 10x more comments than regular videos (source).
- 96% of consumers find video helpful when making purchasing decisions (source).
- Streaming video accounts for over two-thirds of all internet traffic and is expected to jump to 82% by 2020 (source).
- 78% of online audiences are already watching video on Facebook Live.
In a nutshell, people love live video. Why? Even with all this technology, we crave human interaction and real connection. Live streaming helps you make that connection. Live video is imperfect, unscripted and real and that is what makes us human. Our customers are attracted to that and they love feeling like they can relate to us. When your customer feels like they relate to you, it deepens that sense of trust and strengthens the know, like and trust factor. It’s time to come out from behind the computer and get visible. We need to see your smiling face, your messy bun and your adorable littles!
Now that you are all in and ready to take the plunge and start doing Facebook Lives, we have some killer tips to help you get started off on the right foot:
10 Killer tips for crushing it on Facebook Live
- Plan it out. Make a plan for what you are going to say and have a general outline or structure. It does not have to be a script but have a roadmap of points you are going to cover.
- Start talking right away. Do not wait for people to hop on. This is very important because you will have people watch the replay and you want to dive right into your awesome content so they will watch the entire video.
- Be consistent. Make a goal to do a live once a week or once a month. Choose a day and time for your “show” and hold yourself to it.
- Give them a heads up. Give your fans and followers a notification of your live broadcast either via a Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter post or send out an email to your list.
- Get in Gear. Purchase a mobile microphone, microphone and lighting to make sure you are creating the best quality video possible.
- Make sure your device is charged and your internet connection is strong. There is nothing worse than giving awesome content and losing your connection or being interrupted by a phone call. Turn that phone on airplane mode or mute notifications during your lives.
- Give a call to comment. Calls to comment encourage engagement so ask your viewers to comment and share during your broadcast to keep the energy high.
- Don’t forget your replay viewers. The majority of views to your video will be long after you are done so don’t ignore them. Remember to acknowledge and thank replay viewers for watching your broadcast.
- Give value! value! value! Facebook live video is not just for selling products. Give value in your broadcast. Answer questions, solve a problem, show a recipe, start a discussion or tell a story. Remember, facts tell. Stories sell so be relatable and use this opportunity to create deeper connections.
- Ask fans to subscribe and receive notifications when you go live again. Create your own mini-show on Facebook. Fans will start to crave and share your amazing content. Your sales and sign ups will skyrocket because you’re building your authentic brand. You rock!
Bonus Tip: Add Captions to your Facebook Lives
Keep in mind that the 85% of video on social media is viewed with the sound off. This makes adding captions to your lives even more important. By adding captions, you are increasing the views on your broadcast which tells Facebook to show your lives to more and more people in the newsfeed the next time you broadcast.
Stumped as to how to generate captions? We’ve got you covered! There are a few different ways to do it. We know you need the fastest most efficient method. The following tips walk you through adding captions to your lives videos:
Ready to start broadcasting live to give your fans and followers tons of awesome content every week? Head over to our March Social Media Challenge for ideas of what to share. We can’t wait to see your shows. Tag us #Cinchlove so we can find you and cheer you on!